CentaraThe1 GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONSThe CentaraThe1 rewards programme membership (herein also known as C1) and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Centara Hotels & Resorts. Hotel brands currently participating in the programme include properties listed on www.centarahotelsresorts.com and www.centarathe1.com. Brands may be added or deleted at the sole discretion of CentaraThe1.
The rights and obligations of the CentaraThe1 under the programme may be assigned or transferred by Centara Hotels & Resorts to any other related or unrelated entity at any time, and performance thereafter shall be the responsibility of that entity.
Programme Sponsor - The programme is operated by CentaraThe1
1. Membership Eligibility and Fee - Membership in the programme is available to individuals (you) as stated in these Terms and Conditions. You may maintain only one account. Companies and/or other entities cannot enrol. There is no enrollment fee for this programme.
2. Membership Card (Card) - Card is a property of CentaraThe1. The card must be signed by you. To receive the benefits of the programme, you must provide membership number or present your physical or/and virtual card each time you request any of the services which fall part of the programme. You will be enrolled automatically to get the benefits from The 1 (herein also known as T1C) managed by Central Retails Corporations. Please see full detail at www.the1.co.th
Please note that if you are Thai residents and expatriates who already have The 1 card, you may request to register at www.centarathe1.com/signup or inform hotel front desk or staff upon check-in before earning points at Centara Hotels & Resorts and please continue to use your existing The 1 card.
Points issued by CentaraThe1 is managed by Centara Loyalty Management, which is different from The 1
If your card is lost or stolen, you may print the virtual card from your online acount at www.centarathe1.com or contact Centara membership services at email@example.com
3. Programme Availability - CentaraThe1 reserves the right to restrict, suspend, discontinue or cancel this programme upon 90 days' written notice to all active members. In that event, your right to receive CentaraThe1 points may end 90 days' after we notify you and your right to redeem CentaraThe1 points may end 180 days after we notify you, no matter what the level of your participation in the programme. CentaraThe1 points for all members not presented for redemption on or before such redemption end date cannot be redeemed.
4. Membership Cancellation - CentaraThe1 reserves the right to cancel any CentaraThe1 membership and revoke any and all unredeemed CentaraThe1 points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to:
2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this programme
3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges
4) failure to pay for hotel charges
5) a cheque to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason
6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this programme
7) more than one active account per member
8) physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or Centara Hotels & Resorts personnel
9) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the programme or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by CentaraThe1 in its sole discretion.
5. Changes in Terms and Conditions - CentaraThe1 and its partners reserve the right to change, limit, modify or cancel programme Terms and Conditions (including the number of CentaraThe1 points issued for an eligible stay), regulations, benefits, conditions of participation, rewards and reward levels in whole or part at any time, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. You will be bound by any such changes.
6. Notice of Changes - Any such changes will be shown in these Terms and Conditions on the www.centarathe1.com and will be effective immediately unless stated otherwise. A notice that a change has been made will be placed on the website for a reasonable period of time. Any changes to any printed version of the Terms and Conditions will be contained in the next reprinting of that printed version. CentaraThe1 will attempt to notify active members of major programme changes, but will not be liable for failure to do so, and all members will nevertheless be bound. An active member is defined as any member having point activity (accrual or redemption), valid email and valid account.
7. Legal Rights - Neither the programme nor any benefit offered by the programme creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by members against CentaraThe1.
8. Data Privacy - Under the data protection legislation of various countries, we are required to particularly draw your attention to the fact that by applying for membership or by continuing to exercise the privileges of membership and in order to make it possible for CentaraThe1 to perform its obligations under the programme, you accept and explicitly authorise that your personal information which is supplied by you in the enrolment form or during the course of your programme membership:
(ii) may be transferred worldwide to any third parties with which CentaraThe1 is affiliated within the scope of the programme ("CentaraThe1 Partner Programme") or to third parties to process your personal data on our behalf or where required by applicable law or in the event of a company reorganisation, merger or acquisition, for use of such information for its (their) administration of membership records, guest service, advertising, marketing and communication purposes.
(iii) We may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, fax, telephone or email. Also, as an additional value-added benefit, we are offering you the opportunity to receive information on goods or services that may be of interest or value to you by providing various companies a mailing list of CentaraThe1 members. If you no longer wish to receive commercial communications by email, you may at anytime unsubscribe from these commercial offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of these emails, without this affecting your membership.
(iv) The 1 members also agree by accepting the CentaraThe1 terms and conditions that they allow the transfer of their personal information/data to Centara Hotels & Resorts and CentaraThe1.
(v) We allow CT1 member to login on the website without the need to fill out a form. This is referred to as Social login. If you log in using the Facebook login system, you explicitly authorize Centara Hotels and Resorts to access and store the public data on your Facebook account, as well as the other data mentioned during use of the Facebook login system. In addition, we may also communicate your email address to Facebook in order to identify whether you are already a Facebook user, and create personalized and relevant ads which will be displayed in your Facebook account.
(vi) We may be forced to share personal data to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
8.1 Withdrawal of Consent - Before being collected we ask each guest, online or offline to give their consent and accept our terms and conditions. This consent is given voluntarily and may be revoked at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note that your information will remain stored within CentaraThe1 database but will no longer be processed or used.
8.2 Data Collection - We collect your personal data on different occasions: when you book a room online, when you purchase a gift card or a voucher, during check-in, when you eat or drink at one of the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay, when you send a request or a review online via one of the contact forms on our website, when you sign up for our loyalty programme, when you submit a Guest Satisfaction Survey (GSS), when participating in games or competitions, when you subscribe to our newsletters in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
We also receive your personal information from third parties such as tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems and Online travel agents. But also from Centara hotels and resorts pages on social networks and when you use social login to connect to your membership account.
8.4 Personal data and navigation information - We may adapt our the offers we display on our website based on your internet navigation on Centara Hotels & Resorts websites or within sites or services published by third parties and on which we issue cookies.
If you have provided us with personal data, including your email address, when you register to our loyalty programme or book a room via our website, we may, subject to your choice, associate information of your navigation with your personal data to display on your browsing device, personalized offers that are designed specifically to meet your interests.
8.5 Data ownership and Data requests - Your personal information will become the property of Centara Hotels & Resorts as well as its subsidiary. We are happy to provide our guests a digital copy of the Protected Information that we hold about them. In addition, you can also request to get your data suppressed from Centara Hotels and Resorts guest data base if you no longer wish us to detain any of your personal information. For any data requests please email us to email@example.com. We require you to attach the below document so we can process your request:
- A passport copy, as a proof of your identity.
- A handwritten letter with your contact information (First Name, Last Name, membership ID), the date, the type of request (Copy of personal data or Suppression of personal data) and your handwritten signature
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Optimize the presentation of our website and how it is displayed on your device (display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits depending on the hardware and software used on your browsing device,
- Allow the User to access reserved and personal places on our website, such as his personal account.
- Remember information related to a form that you have completed on our website (access to your account / and your subscription).
- Establish statistics and volumes of use and use of our websites.
- Implement security measures, for example when the user is asked to log in after a certain amount of time.
- Adapt the advertising content to the interests of the users resulting from the data of his navigation. It allows to serve more relevant and targeted ads.
you will not be able to benefit from a certain number of functionalities which are necessary to navigate in certain area of our website. For instance, it could cause issues when you try to access your account or your subscription which require to identify your device. This would also be the case when we, or our service providers, could not recognize, for technical compatibility, the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings, or the country from which your device appears to be connected to the Internet.
10.2 How to exercise your choices according to the browser you use - The configuration of cookie management is different for each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change your wishes for cookies. Here is the procedure to follow for your browser to delete cookies:
If you use the Internet Explorer TM browser
- In Internet Explorer, click the "Tools" button, then "Internet Options".
- On the General tab, under "Browsing History", click "Settings".
- Click the "View files" button.
- Click the "Name" column header to sort all files in alphabetical order, then browse through the list until you see files that begin with the "Cookie" prefix.
- (All cookies have this prefix and usually contain the name of the website that created the cookie).
- Select the relevant cookie (s) and delete them.
- Close the window that contains the list of files, and then click OK twice to return to Internet Explorer Learn more
If you use the Firefox TM browser
- Go to the "Tools" tab of the browser and select the "Options" menu.
- In the window that appears, choose "Privacy" and click "Show Cookies".
- Locate the affected files, select them and delete them.
- Learn more
- If you use the Safari TM browser
- In your browser, choose the "Edit> Preferences" menu.
- Click on "Security".
- Click on "Show cookies".
- Select the relevant cookies and click on "Delete" or "Delete all".
- After deleting the cookies, click on "Done". Learn more
If you use the Safari TM browser
- In your browser, choose the "Edit> Preferences" menu.
- Click on "Security".
- Click on "Show cookies".
- Select the relevant cookies and click on "Delete" or "Delete all".
- After deleting the cookies, click on "Done" Learn more
If you use the Google Chrome TM browser
- Click on the "Tools" menu icon.
- Select "Options".
- Click on the "Advanced Options" tab and go to the "Privacy" section.
- Click on the "Show cookies" button.
- Locate the affected files, select them and delete them.
- Click "Close" to return to your browser Learn more
For mobile users, you also have numerous controls in your Operating System that enable you to choose whether to allow cookies, or share your advertising ID with companies like Sojern. For some information on controlling your mobile choices, click here.
10.3 Managing partner cookies:
Several of our partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) in the United States and / or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EIDAA) in Europe (1000mercis, Aggregate Knowledge, Criteo, Ezakus, Google, Mediamath, Microsoft, OpenX, Rocketfuel, Rubicon, Smartadserver, Turn, Weborama, Yahoo).
Their cookies are manageable through the following two platforms:
- http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ (NAI)
- http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/ (EDAA)
- http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/ (DAA)
- http://youradchoices.ca/choices/ (DAAC)
For the actors who are not members of the initiatives above, you will find below the opt-out links:
- Social Network (Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Display advertising (Sociomantic): https://www.sociomantic.com/privacy/en/#opt-out-header
- Display advertising (SOJERN): https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/?pid=sojern01&aid=sojern03&type=sojern_product
- Web analytics (Google Analytics): https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
To help control or block certain ads in mobile applications, you may choose to download and utilize the DAA mobile app: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
11. Right of Access to Data - You are responsible for restricting access to and maintaining the confidentiality of your membership account and password and you agree to accept responsibility for the activities of anyone using your password.
12. Special Services - You are entitled to special services and benefits at Centara Hotels & Resorts. Benefits and services may change from time to time and may vary by hotel, country and geographical region. Members receive free enrollment into the CentaraThe1 rewards programme and shall receive hotel benefits that vary by hotel and region. They include but are limited to the following: beverages, welcome drink, fresh fruit, daily complimentary weekday newspaper, complimentary internet access during stay, access to exclusive offers and promotions during may be available during stay, pre-registration for easy check-in, priority waitlist for room reservation, personal choice including pillow selection, a VIP treatments, one complimentary suit pressing or item of laundry, best available room upgrade or Club access, guaranteed room availability, guaranteed late check-out 14.00 until by 15.00 hrs. and extra hours guaranteed early check-in by 09.00 hrs.(based upon request, availability and membership level). (See section 12,13)
13. Points and Qualifying nights - CentaraThe1 member will earn 5 points per 30 Thai baht or 1 US Dollar for eligible rates and eligible charges paid for by CentaraThe1member. You will earn double points for eligible rates when booked directly through Centara Hotels & Resorts website (See section 13.1).
Membership number MUST be provided or/and acceptance of CentaraThe1 membership at check-in or at the time of payment. You can earn points for up to 9 rooms (eligible rates) where you have booked and paid under your name but the number of eligible nights is based on the Member's room only. Points are not accrued for taxes, VAT, GST, service charges and gratuities. Points will be credited to your account after check out within 7 working days. Earning points before member registration are completely not valid. Qualifying nights will be counted towards membership status (See section 14).
13.3 Bonus points - CentaraThe1 Silver, Gold and Platinum Elite memberships will receive a 10%, 25% and 50% bonus points (room only) respectively based on eligible rates (See section 14).
13.4 Validity of points - CentaraThe1 points are valid for 2 years from check-out date or purchasing date. You can transfer points to or from The 1, however, any tranferred points will be valid for 12 months from the date of transfer. Points can be earned after you have registered at www.centarathe1.com.
13.5 Points have no value - CentaraThe1 points are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit and have no value until presented for redemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of this programme. Points have no fixed or ascertainable cash value. Members have no ownership interest in accrued points and accrued points do not constitute property of the members. Use of the word "earn" in marketing materials in relation to CentaraThe1 points shall mean "collect" and shall not infer that the points have any value until they are presented for redemption. Points may not be sold and are not transferable except as otherwise stated herein.
13.6 Points Adjustments - The points listed in your CentaraThe1 account are subject to change to reflect actual stay information, and any adjustments and programme changes. If you believe your account activity statement is inaccurate, contact CentaraThe1 Membership Services at email@example.com or go to www.centarathe1.com. Point adjustments will not be made more than 30 days after the service date. Please keep all of your hotel room receipts for your records, as they will be required for point adjustment requests.
13.7 Point Transfers - CentaraThe1 points cannot be transferred to other members' accounts.
While this feature is not available now, CentaraThe1 will advise when point transfer feature is available in the future.
However, you can transfer CentaraThe1 points to our partners such as The 1 or vice versa. Points that are transferred do not count towards your membership status (See the transfer ratios at section 22).
13.8 Point Purchase - You can purchase points to be credited to your CentaraThe1 membership account. Additional information about point purchase is available on www.centarathe1.com under “purchase points”. Points that are purchased do not count to towards you membership status.
13.9 Free Spending money program - by Centara Hotels and Resorts or/and CentaraThe1. You will earn points for PAID amount but NOT the extra/ total credited or spending value. For full detail and participating hotels go to www.centarahotelsresorts.com/bahtbonanza
13.10 Other Point Awards - Points may be distributed as rewards, recognition, or incentives by Centara Hotels & Resorts to guests and hotel employees, and also by other companies with whom CentaraThe1 has agreements with their employees and customers.
- CentaraThe1 Silver membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 15 nights at eligible rates or if you earn at least 7,500 points during a membership year
- CentaraThe1 Gold membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 30 nights at eligible rates or if you earn at least 30,000 points during a membership year
- CentaraThe1 Platinum Elite membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 50 nights at eligible rates or if you earn at least 75,000 points during a membership year
17. Communications Not Received - CentaraThe1 is not liable for lost or misdirected correspondence, requests, freight, or reward certificates that may be incomplete, illegal, delayed, lost or stolen.
18. No Guarantees on Merchandise - CentaraThe1, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and agents make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to items of merchandise or products or services of partners, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, any legal fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items or as a result of any defect or failure of such items. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are specifically disclaimed.
19. Restricted by Law - This programme or participation therein is not valid and/or the awarding of membership points or partner miles/credits and/or the granting of rewards is void where prohibited or restricted by law in the country of the member's domicile.
20. Programme Violations - Programme violations, suspected fraud or abuse in relation to point credit or reward usage is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities, including, without limitation, freezing your account, the forfeiture of all point transfers, rewards, vouchers, or merchandise issued pursuant to point redemptions and any accrued points or miles in your account, as well as cancellation of the account and your future participation in the programme.
21. Maintaining Account Information - You can view your CentaraThe1 rewards account details and activity, and update your personal information and communication preferences on www.centarathe1.com. You will need to provide your email address and password to access this information online. You agree to provide accurate information to the programme and to promptly communicate any changes to your contact information via the CentaraThe1 website or by contacting Centara The1Card Membership Services.
22. Programme Interpretation - Interpretations of programme Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Centara Hotels & Resorts and CentaraThe1. CentaraThe1 reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions or any rules related to the programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice and subject to local laws and regulations.
23. Reward Redemption.
Point values for any hotel or destination may change at any time. Points have no value until presented for redemption by the member. CentaraThe1 members who cancel their reward night reservation CentaraThe1 points used for that reservation will be forfeited and are not refundable. Members who do do not use their reservation (no-show), the points redeemed for the no-showed reward night reservation will be forfeited and not re-deposited into the CentaraThe1 member's account. All reservations must be guaranteed with credit card number that is valid throughout the entire stay.
Full prepayment applied based on all-night stay (other than reward night redemption) at applicable room rate and are non refundable. Full charge applied based on all-night stay in case of non-arrival, shortened stay or early departure. Booking amendment is not permitted. Last minute rates are bookable in advance up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
CentaraThe1 members may redeem points for reward nights by redeeming the reward nights online at www.centarathe1.com Members must be logged in to redeem points online for a reward night. Reward night reservations require a credit card to guarantee the reservation. Reward night reservations can be cancelled online but cannot be modified.
23.2 Reward Gift vouchers. Gift vouchers cannot be replaced if lost. They can be transferred to another person (like a blank cheque). Gift vouchers cannot be cancelled after purchase. Members can purchase as many vouchers as they wish. CentaraThe1 maintains the right to change the point cost of gift vouchers at any time without notice. CentaraThe1 members may redeem points for reward Gift voucher by redeeming online at www.centarathe1.com.
The voucher holder will need to present the redemption acknowlegment at Front Desk when checking in for a credit against hotel services. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash if not fully used. Where services are paid for using Gift vouchers such payments will not be eligible for points credits. The voucher is valid for 1 year after redemption.
23.3 Other Redemption Options CentaraThe1 points may be redeemed for variety of products and services. Points redeemed will not be cancelled and re-deposited into the CentaraThe1 member's account.
For any query regarding to the accumulation of points earned with The 1, please visit www.the1.co.th
25. CentaraThe1 Membership Services - For more information or if you have questions about CentaraThe1 programme, please contact our Membership Services at 11th floor, Centara Grand at CentralWorld 999/99 Rama I Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
T: +66 (0) 2 769 1234 ext 2
F: +66 (0) 2 769 1211